Thursday, July 5, 2007

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Welcome to an entirely new web experience.

In my opinion self-loathing is as prevalent as air. Many people are in denial about this, but though their words say they commit no acts of self-loathing themselves, their actions often speak differently.

Well, I aim to put an end to all that. I realise that much of the world's economy rests on the simple fact of self-loathing. Junk food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals - to name just three - are all targeted directly at us, who lap it up by the gulletful.

Honestly, is a moisturiser going to help you feel better about yourself? Not any more than a bag of Dorito's or a Xanax. Not that these things won't temporarily improve your state of mind, but I'm talking about permanent solutions to problems which seem all too impossible to overcome.

Well, due to the runaway success of my other blog (the Pop Culture Institute) and due to the unsuitability of these kinds of posts on that site, I decided that, rather than discontinue the healthy process of coming to terms with being old, fat, and ugly, I would merely spin it off into its own little realm.

So here it is. A venue for those of you who feel you somehow don't measure up.

If I can do one thing to make this world a better place, it's to help the people on it break the cycle of self-loathing that ruins lives with terrifying alacrity.

1 comment:

michael sean morris said...

Just saw this photo on a CRT monitor... Yikes! Honestly, that dark bit at the bottom is a skyline, and it looks amazing on an LCD monitor, I promise.