Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson



Recently, one of my Facebook friends enquired how I was; without hesitation I typed "Even when things are bad they're always better than they could be." I was then accused of depth which, if word got out, could seriously damage my reputation. I suppose if the only thing bothering me is my appearance, or my relative level of comfort, it's time I had an attitude re-adjustment and gained a little perspective.

Anyway, whatever I may or may not think about Michael Jackson, I've always like this song of his - Man in the Mirror, from all the way back in 1988; having just re-read my own vintage self-loathing (the previous two posts) I think the message of this song is entirely apropo - and not just for me, either. Eh, Jacko?

2 comments:

BearTrekker said...

Thanks for the awesome memory flash back there. I saw this video a lot in my San Francisco days: the Midnight Sun, Moby Dick, etc.

Hope it's okay, but I embedded it as well. It's a good piece.

Cheers

T

michael sean morris said...

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the comment!