Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Okay, That Was Weird

Seemingly overnight - well, it's technically been months, but you get my drift - I've gone from shunned troll to hot property. Each new development in the saga has given me considerable qualms, but this last development could be measured on a seismograph. Ten minutes later and my heart is still pounding.

A total stranger wanted to have sex with me using my new iSight camera.

He's in a relationship, so I didn't; given my newfound respect for consistency - a good portion of which is remaining true to one's principles - I can't consider that anything but cheating, and I don't even want to be the other person in that situation. Still, I wonder what I would have done if a) he'd been hotter, and b) he'd been single. After all, my principles may be high but they're not completely unassailable.

Despite having what I feel is a rather sleazy soul trapped in the body of a prude, something about the situation seemed wrong, so I withdrew from it as quickly and as non-judgementally as possible. Some people undoubtedly get off on sleaze, but I feel sex is about a connection and (aptly, as it turns out) ours was a bad one; try as I might I couldn't get the sound to work.

Nevertheless, one of these days one of these close calls is going to connect; I suppose it's good to set aside my qualms early in that case, as when it finally happens the last thing I want to do is awkwardly withdraw and spend the next half hour on the sofa, breathing shallowly and trying not to hyper-ventilate.

Anyway, that's all I have to say; I have some more breathing into a paper bag to do, and then I'd better get back to work on the other side.

Breathe... Breathe... Breathe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been doing me some breathing exercises this new year. Enjoying your blog!

michael sean morris said...

Sorry I don't add to it very often; the other side (Pop Culture Institute) has way more content.